[gdal-dev] Motion: adopt RFC 75: Multidimensional array

Joe Lee hyoklee at hdfgroup.org
Thu Jul 25 12:12:02 PDT 2019

I'm glad that this motion has passed!

I got one question after reviewing Even's latest code and RFC.

Does it consider a case that subsets 1d dataset from 2d dataset [1]?
The organization of MOP02J (1-D SWATH) and its shape is like below:

dset[2][n_points]
lat[n_points]
lon[n_points]

I wish I could be able to extract 1D from 2D using dset[n_points][0] and
make a GeoTIFF grid from the scattered dset/lat/lon using a tool like [2] or
gdalwarp with 3 VRTs that correspond to 1D lat/lon/dset.

To help you understand the case better,
the equivalent Python code is available in [3].

If this workflow can be already done,
can anyone give me a series of commands to be executed?

Best regards,

[1] http://hdfeos.org/zoo/LaRC/MOP02J-20131129-L2V17.8.3.he5.py.png
[2] https://gdal.org/programs/gdal_grid.html
[3] http://hdfeos.org/zoo/LaRC/MOP02J-20131129-L2V17.8.3.he5.py

On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 10:10 AM Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com<mailto:even.rouault at spatialys.com>> wrote:
On jeudi 18 juillet 2019 11:37:08 CEST Even Rouault wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I motion to adopt RFC 75: Multidimensional array
>
>         https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/1580

I declare this motion passed with +1 from PSC members NormanB, HowardB and
myself.

Even