[gdal-dev] vsicurl access to a netcdf file does not see the coordinates

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sat Jun 1 14:42:56 PDT 2019

On samedi 1 juin 2019 18:35:15 CEST Joaquim Manuel Freire Luís wrote:
> Thanks Even
>
> Rebuilding my HDF+netCDF+GDAL stack, but now when issue the final
>
> nmake /f makefile.vc devinstall

Ah, there is no chance that /vsicurl/ with netcdf will work on Windows. It
also requires the "user-fault file descriptor" Linux specific mechanism.

> it errors after a while with (complains about doxygen). This didn't use to
> happen. I have a Win doxygen but it's not (never been) in the path.
>
> make: Entering directory '/c/programs/compa_libs/gdal_GIT/gdal/doc'
> mkdir -p build/xml && cd .. && ((cat Doxyfile | sed "s/PREDEFINED
>  = /PREDEFINED             = DOXYGEN_XML /"; printf
> "GENERATE_HTML=NO\nGENERATE_XML=YES\nXML_OUTPUT=doc/build/xml\nXML_PROGRAML
> ISTING=NO") | doxygen -) /bin/sh: doxygen: command not found
> make: *** [Makefile:22: .doxygen_up_to_date] Error 127
> make: Leaving directory '/c/programs/compa_libs/gdal_GIT/gdal/doc'
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\MinGW64\msys64\usr\bin\make.EXE' : return
> code '0x2' Stop.

I see Jürgen had to made changes in makefile.vc due to the documentation/
website refactoring, and now there is:

# build using cygwin
docs:
        make PYTHONHOME= -C doc html

install: default docs

Jürgen, we probably don't want to require cygwin for the install & devinstall
targets. I would rather see doc building as an explicit separate target - that
is not a dependency of install - and if it has been run explicitly before
install, then we can install the docs, and otherwise just ignore them. What do
you think ?

I've filed https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/issues/1608 about that.

Even