[gdal-dev] OGDI 4.0.0RC1 ready for testing

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Mar 1 05:33:55 PST 2019

Hi,

I've prepared a OGDI 4.0.0 release candidate.

Download links:
https://freefr.dl.sourceforge.net/project/ogdi/ogdi/4.0.0RC1/ogdi-4.0.0RC1.tar.gz
https://freefr.dl.sourceforge.net/project/ogdi/ogdi/4.0.0RC1/ogdi-4.0.0RC1.zip

The news are

4.0.0
=====

 o  Remove PROJ.4 dependency, functionality and related API

    With PROJ 6 being released and removing completely projects.h old API,
    a major upgrade would have been needed. I'd rather choose to completely
    cut off PROJ related functionality from OGDI.
    For the VRF case, projection support can be done through the GDAL/OGR
    OGDI driver.

    The dtusa and dtcanada drivers are removed.

    The following functions are removed from ecs_util.h:
    cln_SetServerProjection
    cln_SetClientProjection
    cln_ProjInit
    cln_CompareProjections
    cln_ConvRegion
    cln_ConvTtoS
    cln_ConvStoT
    cln_ChangeProjection
    cln_ChangeProjectionArea
    cln_ChangeProjectionLine
    cln_ChangeProjectionPoint
    cln_ChangeProjectionMatrix
    cln_ChangeProjectionImage
    cln_ChangeProjectionText
    ecs_distance_meters

 o  Update server version to 4.0 to reflect removal of SetServerProjection
    capability

 o  Build: add -fPIC when required

 o  Rename aclocal.m4 to acinclude.m4 and apply stricter quoting

 o  Respect LDFLAGS provided to ./configure

 o  Fall back to libtirpc if libc does not provide rpc/rpc.h

 o  Don't hardcode compiler to fix cross compilation.

I've verified it works fine with GDAL/OGR OGDI driver with the VRF OGDI driver of both
GDAL 2.4 and GDAL master, since GDAL does not use the now removed OGDI PROJ capabilities

Sourceforge CVS being now read-only, upstream development is now definitely at
https://github.com/libogdi/ogdi

I'll promote this RC to final if there are no serious issues reported.

Even