[gdal-dev] Question on exporting to Geopackage

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Fri Mar 8 05:52:56 PST 2019

This may be a bit obvious - so I apologize if it is and I'm missing it.

I'm exporting a table out of postgres/postgis into a geopackage. The
geopackage goes to a ESRI shop who then pushes it into their Server setup.

When I export it out my smallint fields are moving to integer - which is
causing some issues on the other side of the house. I've been doing some
digging and can't come up with anything since I can't alter the column
back to smallint post export (due to the sqlite base (I think)).

Anyway - I'm doing this: ogr2ogr -f GPKG TCStransport.gpkg
PG:"host=host6 user=user dbname=dbname password=1234"
"hc911.addresspoints" -nln "addresspoints"

Any suggestions welcome,

Randy

Randal Hale
rjhale at northrivergeographic.com