[gdal-dev] compiling gdal with netcdf support - broken links on wiki

Bas Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 12 07:29:09 PDT 2019

On 2019-03-12 15:06, Margherita Di Leo wrote:
> I was looking for instructions to compile gdal with netcdf support and
> ended up here [1], but I noticed that the links to netcdf library and
> quick instructions on how to compile gdal against it appear both
> broken. I
> tried to install netcdf package on fedora but it seems to be the wrong
> one
> because I can't convince gdal to grant support to it... Any pointer
> appreciated

Have a look at the gdal package spec [0], it uses the netcdf-devel
package for NetCDF support and hacks the configure script to use it [1]:

  sed -i 's|-L\$with_netcdf -L\$with_netcdf/lib -lnetcdf|-lnetcdf|g'
configure

[0] https://src.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/gdal.git/tree/gdal.spec
[1] https://src.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/gdal.git/tree/gdal.spec#n385

Kind Regards,