[gdal-dev] Building only OGR

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sun Mar 17 07:26:50 PDT 2019

On dimanche 17 mars 2019 06:41:41 CET FA wrote:
> Hi
>
> Does anyone know if it is possible to build a "small" subset of GDAL?
>
> In my Win32 application need to use the OGR functions to translate between
> coordinate systems.  However, when I take the full package, there are
> clashes between 3rd party libraries imported by GDAL and those I already
> have in my application.
>
> So I wanted to explore the possibility of building a self-contained subset
> of GDAL, only providing OGR functions, and only dependent on a minimal set
> of run-time-libraries.
>
> I suspect that if I try the brute-force method of simply adding files to the
> build as needed, I will eventually end up with the full GDAL package.

Thomas Bonfort recently contributed patches for Unix builds in GDAL master to
produce a minimal GDAL.
For the raster side (frmts/ subdirectory), the following drivers are required:
derived gtiff hfa mem vrt. All others can be disabled
For the vector side (ogr/ogrsf_frmts/ subdirectory), the following drivers are
required: generic geojson kml mem mitab vrt. All others can be disabled
With some tweaking of the Windows makefiles, you could likely get the same
result.

Even