[gdal-dev] Trac Wiki (was: Closing remaining open Trac tickets ?)

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Mar 26 04:58:20 PDT 2019

On mardi 26 mars 2019 11:18:21 CET Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Mar 2019 at 14:04, Mateusz Loskot <mateusz at loskot.net> wrote:
> > On Thu, 21 Mar 2019 at 12:45, Jeff McKenna <jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com>
wrote:
> > > I spent much effort
> > > to manually create all of the existing Trac wiki pages, onto Github, by
> > > hand (and then we made the Trac wiki read-only).  This should be done
> > > also for GDAL (but maybe now there is a more automated way).
> >
> > I have wondered what should be done about the Wiki pages too.
> > Do you think all pages qualify to be moved?
> > [...]
>
> First, the Wiki on https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal would have to be enabled.
>
> Is this OK to turn it on or it is off for a reason?

Yes GH wiki is off because we have the Trac wiki, and having two wikis would
be highly confusing.

The possible scenarios I see:
1) status quo with Trac wiki
2) migrate all or almost all content from Trac wiki to GitHub wiki, and kill
Trac wiki
3) migrate part of Trac wiki to the future official RST doc, abandon&kill
remaining non relevant info, and have no wiki at all. In the final state, the
whole doc is the RST doc (PROJ current situation)
4) migrate part of Trac wiki to the future official RST doc, migrate remaining
doc to gitub wiki, and kill Trac wiki.

3) or 4) would seem the most preferable outcome to me.

Even