[gdal-dev] ReadRaster memory hit

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Wed Mar 27 08:39:23 PDT 2019

Hi,

I did not get an answer for my question bellow so I did some testing.  I write to help others that will find this post.  (I am making a point to raster query tool.) It’s much faster to load a cloud of point to a function and to loop a query to each band than to load a single band to a function and to loop through the points.  Tested on 6 million points and a 288 band raster.  This might be obvious to some but I needed to test it.

Cheers
Nicolas

“Would it be a better approach to loop through the 200 bands inside this function?  So basically, is it faster to loop the 200 bands or to loop the thousands of points one band at a time inside this function? “