[gdal-dev] Fwd: ogr2ogr

jratike80 jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Thu May 2 06:47:14 PDT 2019

Mncedi Dlayiya wrote
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am new in GDAL so I'm struggling to convert a wfs to shapefile using
> ogr2ogr.
>
> my command is as follows:
>
> C:\>ogr2ogr -f "ESRI SHAPEFILE" ec_pensioners WFS:"
> http://localhost:8080/geoserver/osw?" pensioners

Hi,

And my command that works with the demo layer "states" (actually
"topp:states") is

ogr2ogr -f "ESRI Shapefile" test.shp
WFS:"http://localhost:8080/geoserver/ows?" states

Notices:

- Check the url of your service (osw vs. ows)
- Output name "test" should perhaps work and create a new directory and
insert shapefile into that. However, I got a directory "test" and an empty
file "topp" inside it. If your intention is not to write into a named
directory use "ec_pensioners.shp" as output.

-Jukka Rahkonen-