[gdal-dev] Building GDAL 3.0.0 with Proj 6.0.0

joshl josh at cesium.com
Thu May 16 10:35:22 PDT 2019

Thanks for the info Richard.

Right now I'm having issues running proj's ./configure. We build sqlite3
statically using the sqlite-amalgamation, the version we use is 3.26.0.

Using https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/BuildingOnUnixGDAL25dev as a guide,
the configure script is unable to find sqlite3.

The error is:
checking for SQLITE3... configure: error: Package requirements (sqlite3 >=
3.7) were not met:
No package 'sqlite3' found
Alternatively, you may set the environment variables SQLITE3_CFLAGS
and SQLITE3_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

The manual test commands I am using:
projSubmoduleDir='/home/loshjawrence/clonesRedo/agi-asset-pipeline/ThirdParty/proj.4'
cd $projSubmoduleDir
sqlite3InstallDir='/home/loshjawrence/clonesRedo/agi-asset-pipeline/build'
ls $sqlite3InstallDir/lib
libsqlite3.a  libz.a

./autogen.sh
projInstallDir='/home/loshjawrence/clonesRedo/agi-asset-pipeline/build/ThirdParty/proj.4'
CXXFLAGS="-DPROJ_RENAME_SYMBOLS -O2"
CFLAGS=$CXXFLAGS
LDFLAGS="-L$sqlite3InstallDir/lib"
./configure --prefix=$projInstallDir

--disable-static wasn't listed in ./configure -h but I think the same thing
can be had with --enable-static=no. Either way I still get the sqlite3
error.