[gdal-dev] Building GDAL 3.0.0 with Proj 6.0.0

joshl josh at cesium.com
Thu May 16 11:46:53 PDT 2019

Thanks Even, setting up the two SQLITE3 vars seemed to get past one of the
sqlite errors, but now I need to find out where our manually built sqlite3
binary is since its complaining about that now. Though I'm not sure which
flags that info will need to get passed to.

current error output:
checking for SQLITE3... yes
checking for sqlite3... no
configure: error: Please install sqlite3 binary.

current PROJ 6 manual install test commands:
projDir='/home/loshjawrence/clonesRedo/agi-asset-pipeline/ThirdParty/proj.4'
projInstallDir='/home/loshjawrence/clonesRedo/agi-asset-pipeline/build/ThirdParty/proj.4'
sqlite3Dir='/home/loshjawrence/clonesRedo/agi-asset-pipeline/ThirdParty/sqlite-amalgamation'
sqlite3InstallDir='/home/loshjawrence/clonesRedo/agi-asset-pipeline/build'

ls $sqlite3InstallDir/lib
libsqlite3.a  libz.a

ls $sqlite3Dir
CMakeLists.txt  shell.c  sqlite3.c  sqlite3.h  sqlite3ext.h

cd $projDir

./autogen.sh
export CXXFLAGS="-DPROJ_RENAME_SYMBOLS -O2"
export CFLAGS=$CXXFLAGS
export SQLITE3_CFLAGS="-I$sqlite3Dir"
export SQLITE3_LIBS="-L$sqlite3InstallDir/lib -lsqlite3"
./configure --prefix=$projInstallDir