[gdal-dev] Building GDAL 3.0.0 with Proj 6.0.0

joshl josh at cesium.com
Fri May 17 11:46:43 PDT 2019

For the error:
checking for SQLITE3... yes
checking for sqlite3... no
configure: error: Please install sqlite3 binary.

I first tried adding the install dir of our sqlite3 shell executable to the
$PATH var:
> ls $sqlite3InstallDir/bin
sqlite3_shell
> PATH="$sqlite3InstallDir/bin:$PATH"
> echo $PATH | sed 's#\:#\n#g' | grep build/bin
/home/loshjawrence/clonesRedo/agi-asset-pipeline/build/bin

Still got the error, so I tried actually installing sqlite3 to see what the
name of the official executable was:
>sudo apt-get update
>sudo apt-get install sqlite3
>ls -la /usr/bin | grep sqlite3
sqlite3

With the real one installed I tried running again just to see if it could
find it but still got the error (verified $PATH included /usr/bin). I also
tried renaming our cmake generated SQLITE3_EXE named sqlite3_shell to
sqlite3 to see if it could find it, but it did not.

So at the moment I am unsure how to get the configure script to discover an
executable named sqlite3...