[gdal-dev] gdal.org Migration to Sphinx is complete

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Thu May 23 09:29:52 PDT 2019

All,

Per the RFC 74 effort at the OSGeo Community Sprint last week, we have migrated the primary content of the gdal.org <http://gdal.org/> website to Sphinx. As your DNS updates, you should see the content newly reorganized and available in HTML and PDF formats.

We have attempted to take care to preserve most of the format URLs with redirects, but if you find any that do not properly redirect, please file a ticket. Additionally, each page now has an "Edit on Github" link you can use to make Pull Requests to adapt and modify documentation as necessary. We hope this adoption of Sphinx and ReadTheDocs will spur some more documentation contribution, and we hope it is easier to find what you need in the GDAL doc tree (currently a 900 page PDF and mobile-friendly HTML site!) in this new organization.

Even Rouault, Mateusz Loskot, and Dan Baston deserve kudos on the bulk of the content port and organization. This effort would not have made it to completion without their contributions.

Howard