[gdal-dev] Building GDAL 3.0.0 with Proj 6.0.0

joshl josh at cesium.com
Fri May 24 09:34:03 PDT 2019

When the configure script checks for the proj library it fails because it
can't find the "proj.h" file,even though the proj.h files directory was
specifically included in the cxxflags.

checking for PROJ >= 6 library... checking for proj_create_from_wkt in
-lproj... no
checking for internal_proj_create_from_wkt in -lproj... yes
configure: error: proj.h not found

The spot in the config.log for this error is pasted below. The g++ command
has the correct -I arg as the proj.h file is in that directory so I don't
know why it can't see it? Is there an obvious reason why it wouldn't be able
to find it? I would do a manual test of the g++ command but the body of the
test program it fails on is not printed in this case (like it usually is).

configure:24274: checking for internal_proj_create_from_wkt in -lproj
configure:24299: g++ -o conftest -DHAVE_AVX_AT_COMPILE_TIME
-DHAVE_SSSE3_AT_COMPILE_TIME -DHAVE_SSE_AT_COMPILE_TIME
-I/home/loshjawrence/clonesRedo/agi-asset-pipeline/ThirdParty/proj.4/src
-fPIC   conftest.cpp -lproj
-L/home/loshjawrence/clonesRedo/agi-asset-pipeline/build/ThirdParty/proj.4/lib
-lproj -lsqlite3 -lz
-L/home/loshjawrence/clonesRedo/agi-asset-pipeline/build/ThirdParty/zlib
-L/home/loshjawrence/clonesRedo/agi-asset-pipeline/build/ThirdParty/zlib/lib
-lpthread -lm -lrt -ldl  >&5
configure:24299: $? = 0
configure:24308: result: yes
configure:24453: error: proj.h not found