[gdal-dev] OGRCoordinateTransformation Thread Safety

Bryant bryantcurto at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 07:49:06 PST 2019

Thank you for the response Even!

>As most C/C++ libraries, an object is not thread-safe unless it is
explicitly mentioned it is.

This makes sense.
However, I inferred from one of your  previous responses
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/gdal-dev-Possible-concurrency-issue-in-OGRCoordinateTransformation-tp5285641.html>
that OGRCoordinateTransformation is reentrant:
>You need to have one coordinate transform object per thread.

where reentrant means
<https://gdal.org/development/rfc/rfc16_ogr_reentrancy.html>
>Reentrant: A reentrant function can be called simultaneously by multiple
threads provided that each invocation of the function references unique
data.
- from the  docs
<https://gdal.org/development/rfc/rfc16_ogr_reentrancy.html>

Is this inference correct and, if so, where is this stated in the docs for
OGRCoordinateTransformation?