[gdal-dev] Doc: driver + config options summary pages [was Re: How to know which formats allow editing with ogrinfo?]

Andrew C Aitchison andrew at aitchison.me.uk
Sat Nov 16 09:31:15 PST 2019

On Sat, 16 Nov 2019, Even Rouault wrote:

>>> If so, then yes if someone contributes it, that'd be welcome. However I
>>> think we'd want it to be generated from a Python script from the
>>> individual .rst pages, by parsing the directives like "..
>>> supports_create::" that are in those .rst files. That way that would make
>>> maintainance of the summary easier (and initial version less tidious that
>>> doing that manually)
>
> OK, so I've added two new directives
>
> .. built_in_by_default::
>
> or
>
> .. build_dependencies:: put here dependencies name
>
> and just used them on a couple drivers for demo:
> https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/commit/0b3b1ed25bdde6f49a6515e0431d78bc9729ff83
>
> A script that fetches all the information from individual pages
> is run automatically at each documentation build and generates a summary table
> at
> https://gdal.org/drivers/raster/index.html
> https://gdal.org/drivers/vector/index.html

Thanks.

The summary table will need some styling.
At the moment I only see the short and and long name columns.
*If* I scroll down to the bottom, then I get a horizontal scroll bar
and can scroll to see that there are more columns.

I get this with Firefox and Opera on Linux and Firefox and IE11 on Win7
(yes I need to get a newer windows virtual machine).

--
Andrew C. Aitchison					Kendal, UK
 			andrew at aitchison.me.uk