[gdal-dev] ERROR: Too many connections: max 64

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Nov 28 12:37:44 PST 2019

On jeudi 28 novembre 2019 20:19:10 CET Shane Carey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm doing some processing with Pyqgis and after processing, the file
> remains locked and eventually I get:
> ERROR: Too many connections: max 64

All I can say is that this error messages comes from Spatialite that can only
handle 64 connections in a process at most. I did a fix (don't remember when,
but must be included in QGIS 3.4) in the QGIS OGR provider to be able to open
GeoPackage datasets (since the OGR GeoPackage driver enables Spatialite on
them) that has many layers (so that they share the same connection). Not sure
about the specificities of your use case.

Even