[gdal-dev] Fwd: Gdal - multipolygon - geometry errors instead holes

jratike80 jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Tue Oct 29 05:32:31 PDT 2019

Interesting observation is that if I read the WKT into QGIS with the Quick
WKT plugin, then save the layer into shapefile, and finally open the
shapefile that QGIS saved back to the project, the hole has disappeared and
there is a topology error instead. It means that QGIS can create a shapefile
that it considers invalid itself.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

jratike80 wrote