[gdal-dev] Different results for osr.CoordinateTransformation() when using gdal 3.0.1 and 2.4.2 python bindings and transform to EPSG:4326

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Sep 19 08:24:01 PDT 2019

On jeudi 19 septembre 2019 15:08:48 CEST Klaus Braun wrote:
> Hi,
>
> on my SUSE box I compiled gdal 2.4.2 and 3.0.1 in the same way, enabling
> python bindings.
>
> When I use osr.CoordinateTransformation() in my python script to do a
> coordinate transformation from a point to EPSG 4326 the resulting
> coordinates are swaped if I use gdal 3.0.1 python bindings.
>
> Any idea what might be the problem in this case?

https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/blob/release/3.0/gdal/MIGRATION_GUIDE.TXT

"""
 Substantial changes, sometimes backward incompatible, in coordinate reference
  system and coordinate transformations have been introduced per
  https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/rfc73_proj6_wkt2_srsbarn
    * OSRImportFromEPSG() takes into account official axis order.
      Traditional GIS-friendly axis order can be restored with
      OGRSpatialReference::SetAxisMappingStrategy(OAMS_TRADITIONAL_GIS_ORDER);
"""

In Python if srs is a osr.SpatialReference object

srs.SetAxisMappingStrategy(osr.OAMS_TRADITIONAL_GIS_ORDER)