[gdal-dev] Documenting build requirements (e.g. ODBC)

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Sep 30 13:39:13 PDT 2019

On Mon, 30 Sep 2019 at 14:34, Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com> wrote:

> I'd say that we should at the very minimum recover the information that used
> to be in the "Compiled by default" column of
> https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/blob/release/3.0/gdal/frmts/formats_list.html
>
> That would address the comments in
> https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/issues/1715
> https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/issues/1204

This is related but I take it as a sub-issue, so let's address it separately:
in Minneapolis, didn't we discuss a dedicated Sphinx directive?
(if I correctly remember the name of the feature)

Something that would add an indicator to each driver's page
like so https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/issues/1204#issuecomment-502399654
and allow to script-generate a table or add the indicator to the
drivers listings.

I can't recall any more technical details of that.
Does anyone remember what was the idea about?