[gdal-dev] gdalwarp and gdaltransform are inconsistent

Pillio Zoltan zoltanpillio at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 06:10:05 PDT 2020

Thank you for all your quick answer. So the conclusion is I need a geogrid
file to do it.

Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2020. ápr.
20., H, 12:06):

> On lundi 20 avril 2020 01:08:15 CEST jratike80 wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>

> > When it comes to gdalwarp I believe that this part of the documentation
>
> > https://gdal.org/programs/gdalwarp.html is essential
>

> > "Starting with GDAL 2.2, if the SRS has an explicit vertical datum that
>
> > points to a PROJ.4 geoidgrids, and the input dataset is a single band
>
> > dataset, a vertical correction will be applied to the values of the
>
> > dataset."
>

> > Both EPSG:4326 and EPSG:2056 are 2D systems without explicit vertical
> datum.
>
> > EPSG:4979 is explicit 3D
>
> > http://www.epsg-registry.org/export.htm?wkt=urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG::4979
> and
>
> > the compound crs syntax that you used (-s_srs EPSG:2056+5728) is
> explicit as
>
> > well.
>

> > I do not know how gdaltransform knows to do the conversion in Z
> coordinate
>

> As this is with GDAL 2, and likely PROJ 4 or 5, this was a change in
> ellipsoidal height between the WGS84 and Bessel 1841 ellipsoids, but this
> was highly questionable, and is no longer done in GDAL 3 / PROJ >= 6, at
> least when using 2D codes.

We checked with GDAL 3, and you rignt. And the reason why gdaltransform
result was close to the right value is because CHGeo2004 geoidal separation
was close to 0 at the checked point.