[gdal-dev] Problem trying to use GeoRaster driver in GDAL 3.0.4 python build

ZAZHIL-HA HERENA zazhil_ha at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 24 16:02:16 PDT 2020

Hello experts,

I am writing to this list since I have been trying to use georaster driver in gdal using python bindings. If I use command line gdalinfo it works fine, which makes me believe that my environment is set up correctly and that my build is working fine, this is my command line example that returns good response:

gdalinfo georaster:herman/vampire at aidb,HERMAN.GEORASTER_TABLE,GEORASTER,GEORID=1

In python, if I try: GetDriverByName("georaster") or GetDriverByName("geor") it returns None. There are 218 drivers in GetDriverCount() but none seems to be called, georaster, geor or anything like that.
If I try:
dataset = gdal.Open("georaster:herman/vampire at aidb,HERMAN.GEORASTER_TABLE,GEORASTER,GEORID=1", gdal.GA_ReadOnly)
I get:
ERROR 4: georaster:herman/vampire at aidb,HERMAN.GEORASTER_TABLE,GEORASTER,GEORID=1: No such file or directory

I tried to RegisterAll() and made no difference.

The way I built it was using the following configure:

make clean distclean
./configure --prefix=/home/zherena/gdal30/gdal-3.0.4/mybuild/ --with-proj=/home/zherena/gdal30/lib6/ --with-oci-lib=$ORACLE_HOME

--with-oci-include=$ORACLE_HOME/sdk/include --with-curl=/usr/bin/curl-config --with-python=/home/zherena/anaconda3/bin/python

make

make install

and copied the osgeo generated directory to my site-packages directory.

Also, after building gdal using the previous steps, I tried:

cd swig/python

make clean; make

and copied the osgeo generated directory to my site-packages directory.

Both builds have the same result. Can someone please help?, have you ever used georaster in Python? maybe I need a special extra configuration to make it work? Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Zazhil-ha