[gdal-dev] Making MITAB to recognize Extented MapInfo TAB

Ryan Proulx ryan.proulx at safe.com
Tue Aug 4 08:45:59 PDT 2020

This should be relatively easy, given that the .TAB file header contains a
Table Type which is commonly NATIVE (old .TAB files readable by MITAB,
etc.) or NATIVEX (extended .TAB files), as well as a few other less popular
options. So the 'magic' identifier should be clearly spelled out in plain
text.

E.g.

> !table
> !version 1520
> !charset WindowsLatin1
> Definition Table
>   Type NATIVEX Charset "WindowsLatin1" Locale "en-US"
>   Fields 32 ...

Lead, Principal Developer, Project Manager

Suite 1200 - 9639 137A Street, Surrey, BC Canada V3T 0M1

ryan.proulx at safe.com  |  www.safe.com <http://www.safe.com/>
[image: http://www.safe.com/emailsignature]
<http://www.safe.com/emailsignature>