[gdal-dev] OSM issue with a relation containing all fields from its children

g.jaegy g.jaegy at imagine3d.fr
Mon Aug 10 01:36:41 PDT 2020

Hi,

I'm not sure that the place to post support/bug report requests, so please excuse me if it's not the case.

I'm basically using GDAL/OGR to parse OSM files. I want to extract specific features, such as river and lakes.

I'm experiencing some issue with a specific relation.

The file (10MB) is available at the following url : http://www.imagine3d.fr/_temp/relation_8601362.osm

The relation is #8601362, see  https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/8601362.

This relation has two members, #24338289 which is indeed a lake, and #532474841 which is not a lake.

However, when parsing that with GDAL, the relation is exported as multipolygon, with two polygons, however, the multipolygon feature contains the fields of the lake (natural=water, water=lake), while the relation itself should only contain type=boundary.

Any idea how I could fix this ?

I've uploaded a screenshot showing the issue when opened in in QGIS: http://www.imagine3d.fr/_temp/gdal_osm_02.jpg

Thanks a lot !

Regards,