[gdal-dev] OSM issue with a relation containing all fields from its children

g.jaegy g.jaegy at imagine3d.fr
Thu Aug 13 00:51:56 PDT 2020

> The relation in OSM is invalid.

Thanks a lot for your answer. This is indeed what I thought, the lake is not related to the boundary in any way.

> The member relation 5462089 is also invalid, it doesn't have a type and

it has touching outer rings.

You should probably ignore relations like this in your code, but the

data in OSM should also be fixed.

The issue is that I need to extract all lakes from that dataset, ignoring the relation basically leads to the lake missing in the final result (5462089).

I'm not familiar with modifying OSM data, so I don't think that's something I could achieve at my level.

My point was to mention the fact that the lake 24338289 is being exposed by GDAL OSM driver as being part of the relation 8601362 only, but also that its attributes are fully lost during the reading process. So right now I have no way of detecting and filtering in that lake polygon. Not sure there is a way I can fix that issue, and support that data even if it's invalid ? Do I have any option other than waiting for the OSM database to be fixed ?

Thanks a lot !