[gdal-dev] I have a problem getting higher resolution in a VRT file

Chang Liao changliao.climate at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 22:07:55 PDT 2020

Has anyone looked into the so called regrid in Earth system model? How is
it different from GIS resampling?

Grid Remapping

ESMF has the option to build a standalone application, called *RegridWeightGen
<http://www.earthsystemcog.org/projects/regridweightgen>*, that can
generate interpolation weights in parallel. It's fast and can handle a wide
variety of grids and grid options. It's not necessary to use the rest of
ESMF to use it ... just provide grid files in a standard (netCDF-based)
format.

https://www.earthsystemcog.org/projects/esmf/

Thanks.

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 8:40 AM Stephen Woodbridge <
stephenwoodbridge37 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Jukka,
>

> Thanks those are great threads and very educational.
>
> I solved my problem. I was using upsample="bilinear" rather than
>
> upsampling="bilinear" and fixing this gave the expected results. But if
>
> not for my stupid typo, I would not have had a chance to read those
>
> threads and google others regarding upsampling.
>

> Thanks for the assist,
>
> -Steve
>

> On 8/20/2020 10:13 AM, Rahkonen Jukka (MML) wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>

> > Resampling is science that would be nice to understand. Unfortunately I
> don't but I think that this thread is worth reading
> osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/gdal-dev-downsampling-geotiff-with-a-low-pass-filter-td5385890.html.
> In this gis.SE question cubic spline was considered good
> https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/30627/smoothing-reinterpolating-raster-with-gdal
> .
>

> > -Jukka-

Best Regards!

Chang Liao,PhD
Earth Scientist, Atmospheric Sciences & Global Change Division
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, WA, USA.
Email: changliao.climate at gmail.com  or  chang.liao at pnnl.gov
Personal Website: http://www.changliao.us
Skype: changliao1025
Lab Website: www.pnnl.gov