[gdal-dev] How far can we resolve complex GeoJSON?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Feb 14 12:42:49 PST 2020

> If this JSON is coming from a WFS, won't there be a JSON schema of some
> kind provided by the server?

The WFS3 driver has some (primitive) support for JSON schema and XML schema,
but only for the "simple features" profile.

> Would using OGR's WFS3 driver instead of GeoJSON help?

No, it uses underneath the GeoJSON driver (and doesn't expose the open option
I mentionned).

Dealing with complex features + streaming mode that you typically expect from
reading from a WFS server would be a complicated (not to say impossible)
topic.
The GMLAS driver can deal with arbitrarily large datasets, but this requires
at least 2 reading passes for various technical reasons.

Eve