[gdal-dev] Docker images

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Feb 14 12:50:43 PST 2020

Stéphane,

> - How is the security is managed in those Docker images?

Basically those images are built by a nightly cron job on my machine, and I
don't think I've docker pull'ed the base Ubuntu image in recent times, so they
are probably outdated. Currently you'd better apt update && apt upgrade if you
care about the security patches from the OS provider (not sure what Alpine
does on that respect)

> - How will new versions of distributions be managed?

The usual answer: when someone is keen on updating them, pull requests gladly
accepted, etc etc :-) For the Ubuntu based ones, I guess we should stick on
LTR releases. For Alpine based ones, we can probably be more agressive in
updates and switch to the latest version when it is available.

Even