[gdal-dev] How do I install GDAL on Windows 10?

/dev /local/ca devlocalca at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 21:59:15 PST 2020

I want to install and use GDAL on Windows 10.

I don't know what 'conda' is, I don't care what it is, and I don't want to
install it and screw up my machine.

Ultimately I want to install 'geopandas', but it has a requirement of
'fiona', and 'fiona' requires 'GDAL' so I need to figure that out first,

---
then I need to figure out how to install 'Rtree' which has a dependency of
'spatialindex', so after this will figure out how to install
'spatialindex', then figure out how to install 'Rtree', then try again and
see if 'fiona' will install and then after that try 'geopandas' again,

but for now, the first step I see is 'GDAL'.