[gdal-dev] Sub: Gdal, leave one out method with GCP'S (Interpolation Equation)

Pradeep kumar parthivpradeep at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 08:00:12 PST 2020

Hi All,

I am georeferencing aerial images with gcps using gdal_translate and
gdalwarp. Before georeferencing image(warping) I would like to check
quality and final result on a control_point cp (eg disabeld gcps).
Therefore I would like to calculate the coordinates in destination image
for a independent control_point based on the interpolation method (n-order,
helmet and spline) which is NOT used by warping itself.  Afterwards compare
positions with estimated coordinates of that cp.

Example:
Lets say, I have 10 gcps. I take 8 gcps, using `-order n` generate a
`model`.  Then predict destination values for rest of the two control
points using this `model`. Finally compute shift between predicted and
actual values for these control points.

Could you please let me know if any gdal tool does this? Can any one give
some insight how to implement this in python?

I have checked following stack exchange issues.
1.
https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/225931/python-gdal-how-to-obtain-dx-dy-residual-errors-for-gcps-after-gdalwarp-usage
(self written n-grad interpolation, is there any validaton form offical
gdal?)
2. http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GCPs-to-geo-transform-td3771045.html
3.
https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/102111/preserve-gcps-after-gdalwarp