[gdal-dev] Q: GFS Type for int64/bigint?

Just van den Broecke justb4 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 04:28:11 PST 2020

Hi,

I use ogr2ogr (GML to PG) with a .gfs file with Type specs.  I need to
map a GML integer value to eventually a BigInt in PostgreSQL. I see
String, Integer, Real etc. "Integer" maps to "integer" type in
PostgreSQL but I need to map to a PG BigInt.

What Type do I need to specify in the .gfs file? Tried Integer64, Long
etc. Or is there no such Type? Could not figure from the OGR GML Driver
doc. I can use GFS Type Real and later cast to bigint in PostgreSQL, but
is somewhat involved.

Best,

Just van den Broecke
The Netherlands