[gdal-dev] Handle geojson bigger than 200MB

Francesco Bartoli xbartolone at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 06:10:46 PST 2020

Dear devs,

In the pygeoapi project we are experiencing this issue https://github.com/geopython/pygeoapi/issues/371. I've just started a PR https://github.com/geopython/pygeoapi/pull/372 hich basically tries to catch if all properties of the feature have null values and raise an exception ourself.
Catching null values is due because GDAL doesn't throw the exception if OGR_GEOJSON_MAX_OBJ_SIZE has the default value. I'm wondering if this is a bug or an expected behavior. If it is then I will file an issue.

Best,
Francesco