[gdal-dev] gdaldataset not created

Vincenzo Fiozzo vincenzofiozzo at yahoo.it
Sat Jan 11 01:28:08 PST 2020

Hi,

I'm writing to you to get more information about a problem of mine that I think stems from GDAL. I am comparing some types of segmentation through the RSGISLIB library between satellite and drone images. On satellite images I had no problems, while on drone images I get an error message that I think is coming from GDAL, here:

Traceback (most recent call last):
segutils.runShepherdSegmentation(image,image_clump,img_mean,gdalformat='GTiff',numClusters=100,minPxls=50,distThres=50,sampling=100,kmMaxIter=50)
      File "/home/ubuntu/anaconda3/envs/osgeo-env-v1/lib/python3.7/site-packages/rsgislib/segmentation/segutils.py", line 191, in runShepherdSegmentation
        rsgislib.segmentation.relabelClumps(elimClumpsFile, outputClumps, gdalformat, processInMem)
    _segmentation.error: Could not create GDALDataset.
I understand that this question should be about the RSGISLIB team but they could not support me, I would like to dig deeper to solve my problem. I didn't find any useful information for "error: Could not create GDALDataset", I hope you can help me, if you need more information about the images let me know.

Waiting for your answer I wish you a good rest of the day.

Greetings
Vincenzo