[gdal-dev] JPEG file with ESRI world file .jpgw but geotransform not established

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Jan 28 05:08:21 PST 2020

> Do you see a chance to push
> https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/commit/66ea9bfa6e0e4ba27b0ae8ce7c75f3d5ad11da6
> 3
>
> also to the 2.x branch?

Probably not. This is a new feature, so the general rule is master only. And
I'm not even sure we'll release a new 2.4 point release. Personnaly, I don't
really have a lot of incentive to do so.

And another reason is I just discovered that the above commit broke a
behaviour of the GTiff driver, that had some support for those ESRI GCPs, but
with a tiny difference since it takes into account the TIFF Resolution tags.
Now fixed (my bad for not having gone through a PR first!)

Even