[gdal-dev] How to create a Memory Vector dataset?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Jan 31 06:48:43 PST 2020

On vendredi 31 janvier 2020 14:30:31 CET Joaquim Manuel Freire Luís wrote:
> I found this
>
> https://gdal.org/drivers/vector/memory.html
>
> but it refers to CreateDataSource() to the job and I can't find anything
> about this function that is not python related (old code?).

CreateDataSource() is the GDAL 1.x "old" vector API, before the GDAL 2 unification.
But should still be functional

The Search textbox (top left) brings some reasults:

https://gdal.org/search.html?q=CreateDataSource&check_keywords=yes&area=default

> Is there an
> example somewhere of creating a Memory (not MEM?) vector dataset that I
> could use to learn more on this?

https://gdal.org/tutorials/vector_api_tut.html#writing-to-ogr should work with MEM too.

Even