[gdal-dev] Problems with latest pdfium

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Jul 2 18:20:24 PDT 2020

> On Jul 2, 2020, at 1:52 PM, Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com> wrote:
>

> William,
>
>> Back to my question. Does even 3.1 require the old pdfium fork? This
>> should be clarified in the GDAL PDF format page.
>
> Hum, I thought
> https://gdal.org/drivers/raster/pdf.html#pdfium was pretty clear about that
>
> GDAL >= 3.1 ==> use https://github.com/rouault/pdfium_build_gdal_3_1
> GDAL < 3.1 ==> use https://github.com/rouault/pdfium/tree/build
>
> If you can think of how to make that clearer, a doc PR is welcome.

Looking closer at the linux script (I didn't think of using the linux script for a Mac build, sorry, didn't mention Mac, I just applied the patches to the latest source and compiled), I see a google branch mentioned there.  So I guess it's there, but still not clear, it's expecting one to run the scripts as is.

-----
William Kyngesburye
<kyngchaos at kyngchaos.com>
<http://www.kyngchaos.com>