[gdal-dev] OGR IsRing() not working

Paul Harwood runette at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 04:10:49 PDT 2020

Hi

I am using GDAL (actually though the c# swig bindings) to load some GeoJSON
files with features of type LINESTRING25D and POLYGON.

I am using the .IsRing() method to detect if the line features are closed.

This works as intended on the features that are linestrings.

But for some reason it is NOT working on the linear rings from the
polygons, even though they are :

1 Coming out as Geometry objects of type LINESTRING25D - exactly as the
linestrings are, and
2 Are closed in that I can see that the last vertex is exactly the same as
the first vertex.

Do you have any idea what would cause this? I am trying to understand what
would be different in a LINESTRING25D Geometry object that is part of a
POLYGon Geometry object as opposed to one that is not!

Thanks

Paul