[gdal-dev] Sentinel-1 driver and calibration metadata

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Jun 15 06:19:54 PDT 2020

Julien,

> I noticed that GDAL's driver for Sentinel-1 products doesn't access some
> metadata (calibration information in particular). Do you know why this
> limitation? Did you face any difficulty reading those metadata?

I'm not super familiar with this driver, but I suspect this wasn't done because the original
contributor didn't need that.

> Since I need to access calibration information, I am considering
> contributing to the driver. Do you have any advice or comment for me?

I think it could be wise to expose that information in a dedicated metadata domain, such as
SAFE_CALIBRATION, rather than the general one. But I'm not sure about the amount of
information we're talking about.

Even