[gdal-dev] Using Python gdalwarp to read gif file and world file, re-project to another picture

Guodong gd.zhu at outlook.com
Wed Mar 4 20:23:18 PST 2020

Hello,

I want to re-project a radar image
(https://radar.weather.gov/Conus/RadarImg/latest_radaronly.gif) which is in
NAD83/EPSG4326 to WGS84/Pseudo-Mercator/EPSG3857. There is a world file
associated with this gif
(https://radar.weather.gov/Conus/RadarImg/latest_radaronly.gfw). I was
wondering how can I do this projection using Python gdalwarp package, and
how to extract the coordinates bounds from the new re-projected picture?

I'm very new to GIS. I know world file contains georeferencing information,
but I stucked at the first step and don't know how to read gif file along
with the world file...

Thanks a lot for your time and help!

Best regards,
Guodong