[gdal-dev] cannot write to gdal_array

Jon Morris Jon.Morris at jbarisk.com
Fri Mar 13 08:10:45 PDT 2020

Hello all,

I'm trying to upgrade from GDAL 2.2.0 to 3.0.4 and some of our tests are failing. We're using gdal_array.OpenArray() to create temporary datasets and all the tests where we call band.WriteArray() are failing with the error "CPLError: Write operation not permitted on dataset opened in read-only mode."

I can't see any way to open a gdal_array in update mode, so is this a change in behaviour between 2.2 and 3.0? Should we be able to write to these datasets, or should I change the failing tests to use the MEM driver instead?

Thanks,

Jon

Jon Morris
Software Developer

Skype<sip:jon.morris at jbarisk.com>

T +44 (0) 1756 799919
www.jbarisk.com<http://www.jbarisk.com>

[Visit our website]<http://www.jbarisk.com> [http://www.jbagroup.co.uk/imgstore/JBA-Email-Sig-Icons-LINKEDIN.png] <https://www.linkedin.com/in/jon-morris-a2897b4/>  [Follow us on Twitter] <https://twitter.com/jbarisk>
Our postal address and registered office is JBA Risk Management Limited, 1 Broughton Park, Old Lane North, Broughton, Skipton, North Yorkshire BD23 3FD.

Find out more about us here: www.jbarisk.com<http://www.jbarisk.com/> and follow us on Twitter @JBARisk<http://twitter.com/JBARisk> and LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/2370847?trk=tyah&trkInfo=clickedVertical%3Acompany%2CclickedEntityId%3A2370847%2Cidx%3A2-1-2%2CtarId%3A1447414259786%2Ctas%3AJBA%20RISK%20MANAGEMENT>

The JBA Group supports the JBA Trust.

All JBA Risk Management's email messages contain confidential information and are intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.
Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete this email from your system.

JBA Risk Management Limited is registered in England, company number 07732946, 1 Broughton Park, Old Lane North, Broughton, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 3FD, Telephone: +441756799919