[gdal-dev] Affine transform: Practical uses of x-skew and y-skew

Craig Delancy cdelancy at blackfangtechnologies.com
Fri May 1 13:00:36 PDT 2020

Hello.

I am trying to explain to a colleague how the affine transform maps image coordinates onto a projection system.
Specifically, I am trying to explain how mathematically speaking, any parallelogram section of the coordinate system can be represented by the rectangular image.
After a bit of searching, I wasn't able to find an example dataset to illustrate this.

I am wondering, is there any practical use for this?
Does anyone have an example dataset they would be willing to send/show me?

Thanks, Craig.