[gdal-dev] GDAL 3.1.0 RC2 available

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Sat May 2 14:45:49 PDT 2020

Perhaps crucially, I see no problems with released rgdal 1.4-8 on R 4.0.0 and
PROJ 7.0.1 with GDAL 3.1.0RC2, or with devel rgdal trunk SVN rev. 966 and
PROJ 7.0.1 with GDAL 3.1.0RC2. The failing cases are with PROJ 7.0.0, and R
3.6.3. Further, I don't know whether that is running ASAN, valgrind, or
other CI variants. My feeling is often that CI is strewn with lots of false
positives and negatives, and that manual testing (the old way) is actually
effective.

-----
Roger Bivand
NHH Norwegian School of Economics, Bergen, Norway