[gdal-dev] S-57 driver Generic attribute DSNM

loïc loic at justmagic.com
Sun May 3 15:27:25 PDT 2020

Thank you all for your explanations.

I'm sad that this is a mistake in the doc :-) because as you pointed out S57 spec has no GUID definition. With the combination of the LNAM + DSNM, it allowed to have one that would be convenient in a PostGIS database that contains many S-57 charts.

On my fork of GDAL I add this attribute DSNM (as defined in the previous documentation),  and since the DSNM field is mandatory in the S57 spec I did not detect any problem.  (Tested with several S57 source US, UK, ES, HR, ... )

In case it would be helpful, I could make a PR.

-- loïc