[gdal-dev] GDAL versions Vs PROJ versions

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu May 7 08:05:48 PDT 2020

Vincent,

> My second question is then should we make the docs a bit more clear ?

Help to improve them is always welcome (hint hint!) but listing all min/max versions of
dependencies of GDAL could be close to a full time job since you'd have to actually test
building and at runtime...

Regarding PROJ specifically, GDAL 2.x is (was!) better used with PROJ 5.2 (in particular for
consistency of the EPSG dictionaries between GDAL and PROJ), but could probably also
work with later PROJ versions, although that is not tested by CI

The requirements for 3.1.0 are the same as 3.0 : PROJ >= 6. I'd strongly advise using either
6.3.2 or 7.0.1 for best experience

Even