[gdal-dev] GDAL versions Vs PROJ versions

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu May 7 08:23:42 PDT 2020

On jeudi 7 mai 2020 11:12:30 CEST Vincent Sarago wrote:
> > Help to improve them is always welcome (hint hint!)
> :
> :-) I’ll see what I can do. I know that if we start adding PROJ version docs
> :people may also ask for GEOS and more other libs.:
> > I'd strongly advise using either 6.3.2 or 7.0.1 for best experience
>
> Thanks Even this is really helpful, I was also wondering if PROJ 7 was
> supported by gdal >= 3 so I got my answer

Well, there's some overlap between the GDAL and PROJ teams, so hopefully HEAD of both
projects work together. Actually the nightly Docker images at https://github.com/OSGeo/
gdal/tree/master/gdal/docker track both GDAL and PROJ master

And building tagged GDAL 3.1.0 images with PROJ 7.0.1 is making the fan of my computer
busy right now :-)