[gdal-dev] gdal_viewshed

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Thu May 7 09:41:14 PDT 2020

> On May 7, 2020, at 11:05 AM, Eli Adam <eadam at co.lincoln.or.us> wrote:
>
> The image with two dots makes me think that there can be multiple
> observer inputs.  Is that the case?  Is the syntax for that just to
> keep adding more -ox, -oy, (and oz)?  For instance, gdal_viewshed -md
> 500 -ox -10147017 -oy 5108065 -ox -10147117 -oy 5108165+100 source.tif
> destination.tif

The picture is a poor example. You can't do multiple obvservers, but you can run a bunch of masks together and then merge to get a multipoint viewshed. I indeed made two masks with gdal_viewshed and then merged them together to make that picture.

That picture or the docs should maybe be updated to reflect a more common scenario with better description. File a ticket and attach some language and pictures to it as you start playing with it and we can merge it.

Thanks,

Howard