[gdal-dev] Wrong GDAL VersionInfo

Pedro Venâncio pedrongvenancio at gmail.com
Thu May 7 14:38:27 PDT 2020

Hi Even,

You're right, I hadn't python3-gdal-dev package installed. After install it
and run gdal-dev-py3-env, version become correct in OSGeo4W Shell

gdal.VersionInfo()
'3020000'

Should not python3-gdal-dev package be installed by default with gdal-dev?

However, I was trying it inside QGIS, in Python console, and there the
output is still '3000400', both in qgis-rel-dev (3.12.2) and qgis-dev
(3.13.0-master), compiled against GDAL 3.2.0dev.

I tried to change in qgis-rel-dev-g7.bat

call gdal-dev-env.bat
call gdal-dev-py3-env.bat

but without success. It seems that something more needs to be changed.

Do you think I should open a ticket in QGIS or OSGeo4W tracker?

Thanks again!

Best regards,
Pedro

Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com> escreveu no dia quinta, 7/05/2020