[gdal-dev] GDAL conda build

Paul Harwood runette at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 05:35:54 PST 2020

The documents are horrendously out of date - I know :)

I am assuming that you have seen this and that it does not meet your reqs
https://gdal.org/drivers/vector/openfilegdb.html#vector-openfilegdb

Building with an additional driver could, I guess, easily make a difference.

I am wondering if you have tried a vanilla build first - to see if it is
all working

Personally - I would do this :

- Clone the gdal-feedstock repo onto my local machine
- cd gdal-feedstock                           // cd into the gdal-feedstock
dir
- conda create --name gdal              // the actual name does not matter
- as long as it does not exist yet
- conda activate gdal
- conda build recipe

That *should* I think work since that is more or less what conda-forge does
in the azure pipeline - but I am no special expert on that recipe.

If that works - then you are probably going to have to change the meta.yml
to include fileGDB and probably change set_bld_opts.bat to change the build
options. And then run 'conda build recipe` again.