[gdal-dev] Migration of Travis-CI jobs to GitHub actions & Python >= 3.6

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Fri Nov 20 08:29:32 PST 2020

> On Nov 20, 2020, at 9:14 AM, Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I've worked this week on migrating most of our Travis-CI jobs to GitHub
> actions.

Thank you.

Github Actions is better in some ways and worse in others in comparison to Travis CI, but one thing it does very well is allow the CI to be everyone's responsibility. When you fork the repository, you can run GHAs in your fork, update them as necessary, and manage them like any other piece of code infrastructure in the project. This property improves the project's CI bus number, and I hope GDAL takes advantage of that.

Howard