[gdal-dev] GPKG and antimeridian

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Nov 23 08:41:26 PST 2020

On lundi 23 novembre 2020 09:14:26 CET Bugbuster wrote:
> Even,
> Your last suggestion (gdalwarp) sounds quite interesting.
> I still don't know how to manage the different GPKG options (e.g.
> TILING_SCHEME)

TILING_SCHEME is a bit particular as a creation option in the GPKG driver. You
can pass it with -co

In gdal_translate mode, it will automatically do the "right thing", that is
reprojecting to the expected target CRS and picking up an appropriate zoom
level.

In gdalwarp mode, you must help the driver a bit by also specifying the
correct target SRS -t_srs EPSG:4326 , and you also must specify a target
resolution with -tr that matches exactly one of the zoom levels of the tiling
scheme. The COG driver has the needed magic for that but that involves making
gdalwarp and the driver to be aware of each other, which hasn't been done for
the GPKG driver.

Even